Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cookie Mix in a Mason Jar

Mason jars are all the rage these days.  If you go on Pinterest, you'll find lots of cool and creative ideas on how make use of a mason jar.  This project was inspired after visiting a craft fair that I attended recently.

Cowboy Cookie Mix Ingredients and Materials
- Ingredients from Cowboy Cookie Mix Recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1 quart mason jar
- Ribbon
- A strand of fake flowers (you can find some nice ones at your local Dollar store)
- Instructions on how to bake the cookies
- Ingredients list




Ingredients for cookie mix

I followed one of the reviewer's suggestion on the order of layering the ingredients.  Believe me, you do not want to take the ingredients out after you put them in the jar.  It'll be quite the mess for you to clean up.  This was the order of my layers:

1) Flour
2) Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
3) Rolled oats
4) Brown sugar
5) White sugar
6) Pecans
7) Chocolate chips


Make sure you apply pressure to the mix after each layer to ensure there's room for the rest of the ingredients.

Oats layer added
Ingredients will fill to the top

Add an ingredients list 
Instructions on how to bake the cookies
I added a list of ingredients because I thought it would be a nice touch for the receiver to know what they're baking.  What if they're allergic to something you weren't aware of?

I noticed on most Pinterest projects that the baking instructions were printed on thick card stock and attached to the jar as a card.  Since I didn't have any on hand, I printed the baking instructions on regular printing paper and glued them on the lid.

Once you finish decorating the jar, you're ready to give it away!


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. The jar looks so pretty and you can still use it after you make the cookies!

    ReplyDelete